Now that Bear is doing so much better it's my turn to get fixed up. In early July I finally went to see the Back Doctor (Dr. Jones). After x-rays, MRI and a Discogram with steroid injections it was determined I had three herniated discs in my lower back. No wonder I was hurting all the time and taking way too much Aleve. My only option was surgery. I was really apprehensive and to be honest a little scared. My Dad had almost the same surgery in March and his results were amazing so that was reassuring. My surgery was July 15th, Thursday morning. It went great and once they got in they realized it wasn't ruptured disc but several bone spurs that were pushing my discs out of place. Dr. Jones removed all of the bone spurs which allowed the disc to return to there normal position but after having to remove so much bone I required a clamp and bone graph to keep everything from being too lose. Amazing! I now have a titanium clamp like my Dad that will eventually fuse with the bone graph. I'm expected to make a full recovery and be as good as new once all my healing is complete. I will be recovering for about 6 weeks, which means I also have to wear a back brace all the time except in the shower. I have to be able to walk 5 miles a day in the next four weeks in order to be released to resume normal activities including going back to work. I am only allowed to sit for no longer than 45 minutes so I am either walking or in bed. It's been crazy having to have someone do almost everything for me. My Mom spent all last week with me taking care of EVERYTHING!!! Thank you so much Mom - Love You Bunches! Audrey loved having her Nana here night and day. I am no longer having to use my walker to get around. Yes I said walker. I kept saying I needed to bedazzle it or something :) I was able to walk a mile this morning out on the trails and hope to get up to two miles by the end of this week. I'm getting stronger and stronger everyday and not having to take as many pain meds.
Thanks to everyone who has been sending their Get Well Wishes! Love Ya!
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.